European Quality Craftsmanship Made in America
May 14, 2014
Straumann Polycon AE full contour temporary restorationBy: Straumann
The plastic polycon ae is a product used in the machine processing of temporary dental prostheses, such as crowns and bridges in the anterior and posterior region. Polycon ae offers biocompatibility and color stability as well as excellent compound stability with non-ceramic veneering materials. The material properties of Polycon ae are preserved through CAM processing of the industrially manufactured plastic blanks.
Polycon ae can be used for:
- Temporary crowns in the anterior and posterior region
- Temporary bridges in the anterior and posterior region (more than one pontic is not recommended)
A milled PMMA framework can be coated with commercial staining materials. Preference should be given to PMMA based materials. Bonding with PMMA must always be in accordance with the pertinent manufacturer’s recommendation.
Polycon ae provides many advantages for the dental professional:
- No porosity – machine milled temporary helps ensure a uniformed finish
- Familiar material, same procedures – dentists have worked with PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate) for decades and won’t need to learn new procedures to reline chair-side
- Custom staining – create matching shades using conventional laboratory techniques
- Time and money savings – eliminate intensive labor and provide a superior temporary restoration for your GP’s with minimal time and cost investment
- Increase services – begin to incorporate comprehensive, multi-unit temporary cases to your daily work flow and grow your business.